Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life is a Bowl of Cherries


We have a Montmorency sour cherry tree in our back yard & this year it was prolific! They usually begin to ripen around the Fourth of July and harvest lasts a few weeks. At first we were battling the robins, cedar waxwings, finches, and other birds who were pilfering the fruit, but once we started picking, we realized there were more than enough for every one.

The Montmorency cherries are indigenous to the upper Midwest and are the preferred variety for the standard cherry pie. Judging by my freezer, I cannot tell a lie... we are looking at lots of cherry pie this year!

4 comments:

Lowell said...

I love cherry pie. Cherry pie is heaven's delight.

How much do you charge and does that include shipping?

Please?

Jane Hards Photography said...

I just love these shots especially the second one. Just love cherries and these look so more yummier than any we have here.

MJ said...

Jacob - if you lived nearby, you would be welcome to pick to your hearts delight. We're overflowing!

EverydayMe said...

Yum those are my most favorite fruit!!! I wish I lived closer... I'd be over to make that cherry pie and of course stuff myself with them... I'm very jealous!!! Enjoy a handful for me...

{{BIG HUGS}} Michelle