Sunday, September 27, 2009

Geraniums


One of the many things I learned from my mom: overwinter your geraniums. One of the pots on our patio is still going strong with new blooms. [I love its rustic old clay pot.] After we have our first frost, which should be soon now that October is right around the corner, I will have to cut it back and take it down to the basement. I'll give it a good watering and place it under the dark stairwell along with my other geraniums until March. At that point, I'll bring them all up to the kitchen and set them in front of the patio doors. By the end of May, they will be leafed out and ready to set outside for their new life. Truly a rebirth of spring!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info on the geraniums....and your kind words on my blog.