Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Dark Side...


The Burlington Northern line has a switching yard in the northeast side of town. Every few days, you can see a line of boxcars side-tracked, waiting to be re-routed. Included are cars and engines from the Illinois Central, Santa Fe, and Canadian Pacific railways. Many of these are riddled with graffiti. Some plain and nondescript, with half finished signs, words or initials. But some are amazing -- like this rendition of Darth Vader -- which I photographed last fall. Watch for more examples in the coming weeks and months.

2 comments:

Juneau Alaska Photos said...

I can't wait to see more of these boxcars. Our local skateboard park is a covered pavilion. I love going there to see what the kids have painted on the walls. Some of their artwork is incredible. My son (9) really likes this Darth Vader. He's a huge Star Wars fan. Thanks for sharing this photo.

Anonymous said...

That really is something the railroad might like to leave on as it is very good and could be the standard for all graffiti artists to copy.

my Memories
I wrote in my Memories blog about the roads of my youth and how they were to travel in the winter time.